EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:02:38 -0400
In Selected Prose (Faber), Pound quotes Machiavelli several times, applying
the dictum 'gli uomini vivono in poche' figuratively as follows:

"The life of the race is concentrated in a few individuals."   -- "I Gather
the Limbs of Osiris"
"And the will becomes concentrated in the few." -- "A Visiting Card"
"The books that change our understanding are few."   -- ibid.

Race. Will. Books.  A regular vortex, this.

Tim Romano
www.aimsdata.com/tim