ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Ed Sczerba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:51:25 ~
Our away games this weekend is tempered with the back-to-back losses Lowell
suffered last weekend against UNH, but there's more.

When was the last time we have not scheduled a tournament over the holiday
break? It seems a bit percarious how it happened this year given the teams'
performance of late........ but let's look at something:

Although only three players were lost at defense, two of them were Jeff Libby
(6 G. 25A) and Jason Mansoff, who had an impressive +30 rating. No one as of
yet has stepped up to take charge of these roles, every game.

Until this happens, a team who was picked to finish third in the preseason
poll cannot dominate the end of the season, as last year's performance
finishing 15 - 3 in its final 10 games. The strong freshman class including
the four overseas players raises more apprehension as to who  will 'step-up'.
Certianly the preseason polls hold expectations, but they are based on facts.

        The talent is there and -> THE COACH <-  is there.

Period by period, the guy between the pipes must build his momentum so the
rest of the team can skate with confidence and do their job.

I believe this team can do it, as they have to believe they can do it.
Which is exactly why the rest of Hockey East still believe this team is much
better than they have shown of late, and they fear the Bears...........

as they should.

r/
  Zerb