ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:38:51 -0500
Convenient how the Ambroses recent post about the Globe article left off
their tag that he graduated from UNH in 1972.  Notice also how they aren't
responding to the quite reasoned opposing viewpoints.  If you are going to
be righteously
indignant, at least reveal your own biases.

Here's the question which no doubt was asked by the Globe reporter with a
clear agenda coming in --

Do you think the Maine hockey situation might have had an effect on some
people's choice to attend UMaine ?

Worded like that, you get the article quoted.

How did the Globe editor let an article go out with NO quotes from those
with opposing viewpoints (the vast majority of students and staff at Maine)
?

Isn't a newspaper article treating only one side of an argument usually
called a commentary or opinion piece and labeled as such ?

I'll confine this response to the Maine list as I think a UNH fan would
care less about how we really feel.

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be with the big club in Boston         ***