ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 19:01:27 -0800
Indeed, Bob.

Questions that I have:

What about the Sill/Czuba thing?  "Something" happened with these two,
earning them indefinite suspensions and they subsequently withdrew from
school.  Then the team goes out and lays two eggs hosting one of its
chief rivals.  Is there a connection here?  Is this the 2006-2007
version of going into the tank for a period of time due to off-ice
issues?  Sadly, this is becoming an annual event.

Or are these things totally not related at all?  (which might actually
be worse?)

I don't know.  Maine lost their composure Saturday night all around.
People are happy to see Tim show some fire, but letting your emotions
get the better of you when you attack the refs AFTER being swept in
your own building is a little too little, too late IMHO.  Show that
fire during the week, during the game and to your team.  As someone
else posted here, you have to rise above what you perceive as bad
calls.

Hockey East Regular Season title is all but lost now, we need to focus
on the next 10 games (especially, but really I'd advocate for a better
focus for rest of the year) for both home ice and to shore up good NCAA
seeding.  Losing all these games against top teams will not help the
overall picture.  All is not lost and as i think the Pats coach would
say (thank you football gods!), you can't think about yesterday because
you can't do anything about it and it doesn't mean anything today.

-Deron

(http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/sports/college/hockey/070114umhock.html)

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail>