ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Frank Lisnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 10:44:31 +0000
> I have followed this recent thread and finally feel obligated to join in
> ...  I haven't commented in some time so here I go again...

Ditto

> Deron Treadwell wrote:
> >
> > But like any organization they are far from perfect.  This is a forum with
> > a lot of great Maine hockey fans who want to see the program succeed who
> > could provide a lot of useful information and ideas.  Please don't look at
> > comments like this as an attack on FoMH but constructive criticism.
> >

> > It may be sad, but you sound like you are accepting the shortcomings as
> > being the best the organization can do.  There are always new and
> > innovative ways to do things and not everything has to cost money.  Do I
> > know of a lot of ways?  Probably not, but at the same time you don't seem
> > open to the sharing of these ideas either.

The FOMH newsletter lists the many activities they are involved in.
As for recruiting new members, I have not heard any mention or
encouragement at games other than to invite everyone to a few
post-game receptions...recruiting may happen at this time? Perhaps a
mid-summer or late-spring FOMH issue could be included with the bill
to the season-ticket holders to promote membership.

> I have to agree with Deron here.  FOMH does need to improve - any
> organization that doesn't believe that is only kidding itself.

It's nice to see that Maine Hockey bashing has dwindled to FOMH
members and non-members.  Just joking folks!!  Lighten up! United we
stand, divided just makes it more challenging.

"Talk less, say more."
Frank Lisnik
Orrington ME