ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:59:52 -0500
All I'll say is that this team OVER-ACHIEVED early on this season, got all the puck luck and now, things have turned.  Sure there are issues with "not being ready" but when Shields wasn't hitting posts every game with shots like he is now and those
were going in, things were all fine.

Sure this pattern of playing poorly on Friday's is a BAD habit to have now, but listen this is the 6th month of the season.  If the team is "not ready" come gametime that's a player issue.  These boys don't need to be told/scolded that they need to
get up for games at this point.  The team has seen UMass now 5 times this season, "not being ready" in terms of not knowing what is coming is not an issue.  They know what style of game was going to be thrown at them and the keys to beating them,
everything.  That's not coaching in my opinion.

Sure if every Friday in October/November this team came out and played this way it might be coaching, but really, in MARCH?

-Jake