ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:21:45 -0500
Regarding Jeff Blonde moment

>  > Excuse the "blonde" moment for a minute, but don't we have to win
>the HE title in order to be a #1 seed?  And if that is true, if we
>don't win the HE championship, would we then go west?  I know theres
>a million possibilities here, so I don't even want to pick it apart.
>The thing I do like about the 16 teams is no byes.

While there is no certainty that we will be a number 1 seed, the
Hockey East tournament is not the determining factor for a #1 seed.
As Shawn taught us all long ago, the seedings are based on your
season long performance and in the current pairwaise Maine is #1.  I
share others concern that the current bracketology certainly shows
Maine and for that matter every other bracket with a tough road with
the exception of Minnesota.

The tournaments could provide for an upset which will change
everything and if Ohio State beats out Denver Maine will be back to a
Mercyhurst if they hold the 2nd #1 seed.  Should make for some fun
scoreboard watching!

Bob Fitta

--
Bob Fitta