ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:52:50 -0400
Kudos on the Commonwealth Brewery as the site of our pre-game festivities
tomorrow.  I look forward to tossing back a few before our March to the
Fleet Center.

Once again it's been all to quiet on this board as we prepare to play
Jackie and his boys.  It would be fitting to see Brendan play a key role in
tomorrows tilt.

With Matt back on his game and having survived his first playoff test lets
hope the Freshman aren't to overwhelmed by their first FleetCenter
appearance.  Again on Saturday night Maine fell into what has been a
disturbing habit this year, falling behind.  While we've have recently
displayed the ability to come back and win, as the games become more
meaningful, that becomes increasingly more difficult to do.  I would love
to see Maine put BU back on their heels early tomorrow.  BU is young and I
don't know whether they have the character to overcome a 2 goal lead going
into the third!

With Janik nursing a double groin pull (yikes!), I'll be very surprised  to
see him out there this weekend.  Shawn is a big picture guy and won't risk
a more serious injury for a game that does not end their season.

I'm still of the believe that the #1 seed in the East (and maybe #2
depending on St. Lawrence) is up for grabs for the winner of the HE
Tournament.  Maine, UNH and BU stand the best chance with BC having an
outside chance at the #2 seed with a win.

As we prepare to March to the Fleet on Providence Street (foreshadow of
things to come?) it reminds me of my favorite March with the Black Bears.
It was down Main Street in Lake Placid from the Holiday Inn reception to
the Arena, while the game wasn't what we were hoping it is one of my
favorite memories.  I still would love to see the tournament back there, we
owned that town!

Here's to a great weekend in Boston, hope to see many of you at the Brewery
before the game!

Go Blue!

Bob Fitta '83

Bob Fitta