ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 23:16:36 EST
Yes, there probably should be a fewer number of student seats held.  I also
agree that there will be a line waiting to buy any available tickets outside
the rink as soon as word gets out.  (Who in the administration is responsible
for getting that word out?  I mean besides the coaches?)  However, if they are
going to sell seats to the general public, I hope they will consider  selling
the ones in the last student section first, the area at the Maine goal end,
and give any late coming students seats in the other two sections - in and
under the balcony.

Do you have verification the waiting list is still that long?  I know we got
notification that our number had come up this summer on the list we put our
names on so many years ago, but I also know that some neophytes who had just
begun to feel the craving for Maine Hockey also got notice.

All that being said, I would also like to put in a word of caution about the
amount of time and effort the ticket office staff will have to expend on any
of our "solutions", as they are stretched to the limit as is.  K.I.S.S. has to
be a watch word along with "service with a smile".  I think they are doing a
good job between this rock and that hard place of keeping a sense of
perspective for all the forces pushing on them, plus using their imaginations
and the suggestions thrown at them to try out these things!  All this
discussion really is a good thing, and can have impact on the Maine Hockey
experience!

Orono to Anaheim!
Cathy Hart
Proud Volunteer for the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation!