ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Clair Chesley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 15:30:55 -0400
     Unless all of the 1500 student tickets are sold, ALL 11,000 of the
     Maine students have had access. On the other hand the remaining
     1,000,000 Maine residents (not to mention alum's from out of state)
     have had exactly zero access for these first four games.

     Now,  In no way am I suggesting cutting the 1500 student tickets.  All
     of the students should have access to all of those seats.  However, I
     think that we can all agree that if the students are not interested
     then they should be made available to the general public.  (I still
     think empty seats are a crime.)  I think that we can probably all
     agree that all 1500 tickets don't need to be infinitely available to
     the students.  The ticket office should not be holding 1000 tickets
     right up until game time, for example.  At least some of those seats
     if not spoken for by students should be made available to the public
     with at least enough lead time to drive to Orono say from Kittery.