ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:50:42 -0700
Clark gains UM eligibility
Friday, October 22, 2004 - Bangor Daily News

University of Maine men's hockey winger Wes Clark has been granted
immediate eligibility. The freshman is taking a full course load at
Maine, but he wasn't expected to become eligible until the second
semester.

"He applied for a waiver from the NCAA and it was granted Wednesday,"
said Maine sports information director Brent Williamson.

There was a question pertaining to a college course Clark had taken
before enrolling at Maine, according to Williamson.

It was cleared up and he can now play.

"I'm really excited," said Clark. "I want to get out there and compete
for a spot in the lineup. It's going to be a tough one to crack."

The Oakville, Ontario, native had 22 goals and 35 assists in 42 games
for the Milton Icehawks of the Ontario Provincial Junior Hockey League
last season.

"He's a good player and this is a good opportunity for him," said Maine
coach Tim Whitehead. "He has very good speed and he can shoot the puck.
Now he's just got to get into game shape."

Maine defenseman to have MRI

Maine freshman defenseman Travis Ramsey said he will have an MRI done
on his injured right shoulder Monday.

Ramsey was hurt during the first shift of his first game, last Friday
night's 4-3 win over Niagara.

He was chasing a puck behind his net and "I was off balance and one
their guys pushed me. We both slid into the boards."

The results of the MRI will determine whether the 6-foot-3, 212-pound
Californian will require surgery.

"It could have been worse," said Ramsey, who would be able to redshirt
and retain four years of eligibility if he isn't able to return this
season.

Bangor Publishing Company
www.bangornews.com/