ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:59:27 -0400
I think the Maine ticket office should implement a plan similar to that
used by other venues which is:

If you cannot use your seat(s), you may return your tickets into a "resale
pool", which is administered by, perhaps, the Athletic Department.  You do
not get your money back, but you get a receipt for a donation to their
fund-raising programs. It could be done even on a call-in basis, so that
even as late as game day, these seats could be opened up.

Then the returned seat is "resold", earning money for the program, putting
a body in the seat to pack the house, thus allowing someone who might
otherwise not have been able to see the game to attend.

I know with my Bruins seats, when I have had some unforeseeable conflict, I
would have liked for someone to be there, rather than just an empty seat.

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing for ***
***                  a team in Canada   ???                  ***

            Title IX for Women's Hockey Discussion -
         When will someone sue for a Women's HOCKEY-L ?