ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:47:13 -0400
Jeff Zolt wrote:
>I think it's very odd...How do they expect fans from out of state to
>attend attend a game without even knowing if they have tickets or
>not!!!! My family and some friends are planning to go to few games in
>Orono...this makes it difficult to plan anything...hotels ..dates etc...

Jeff - for your benefit and others:

I do not know from your post where you might live, but here are two
suggestions, each a slight variation of the other:

If you know someone who is affiliated with an opponent of the Maine hockey
team (alumni, student, staff, etc.) and is scheduled to play AT Orono this
year ask them if they can obtain a ticket from that school's (away team)
allocation of seats at the Alfond.

If you have no such connection, visit or call any of these opponents near
you and ask for any seats directly yourself.

Anyone who knows how Lindsay and I got seats to see Maine at their
Providence Final Four appearance knows this trick (we called Michigan).

It actually is somewhat fun to be the midst of the opponent's supporters,
especially since Lindsay and I always have our Maine jerseys on.  Also, you
can often change seats later if the place is less than full (at Orono or
elsewhere).

However, despite all you Maine fans being good people, I WON'T tell how you
can bypass Ticketmaster....

Hoping to see you in the opponent's seats...

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing for ***
***                  a team in Canada   ???                  ***

            Title IX for Women's Hockey Discussion -
         When will someone sue for a Women's HOCKEY-L ?