EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
David Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 2009 12:43:18 -0400
Bob,

The account of the Salassi (note spelling -- "a" rather than "e") is
found in The Geography of Strabo, book IV chapter 6.

 From Strabo's account, their conflict with Rome stemmed primarily
from economic causes -- disputes over gold mining and water rights --
so this could be another reason that they might have attracted Pound's
interest.

I trust you'll keep the Listserv updated on your findings; I'll look
forward to seeing where your researches lead.

Regards,
David