EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Peter Bi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:07:20 -0800
Kind of contrary: Buddhism looks at the bright site of life. (Well, this is
only my poor understanding of the philosophy. Mostly likely I won't know it
until I really practice it to a certain Buddhist level.)

Buddhism came originally as an religion to substitute Brahmanism for rich
class in ancient India (rich people then hardly lived well with Brahmanism),
the later views life very bitter. While it may appear very complicate or
sometimes strange, it consists mainly of logics, peace and beautiful
imaginations. Chinese/Korean/Japanese painting art (or should I say, Eastern
culture as a whole?), for example, reached a much higher level after
Buddhism was introduced and spread.

Li Bei (Ribaku), if I remember correctly, was a Buddhist.

Hongguang