EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Robert Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:52:35 +0000
I received my doctorate in medieval European studies and the literature of Latin antiquity from the University of Minnesota, and wrote a dissertation on Pound and Chinese philosophy--an enduring interest, so have published several articles on Pound and Taoism, Confucianism, and on his translations from the Chinese. I lived in Beijing for two years and made my way up the mountains to Lijiang, home of the Naxi, just two years after that area was opened to foreign travel. Have been back several times to work with scholars and dongbas from the Dongba Institute in Lijiang, and have just finished a translation of the "Har la Lluo k'o" ceremony as part of a book length study that will include Pound's use and understanding of Naxi culture. Probably two years left on this project--extensive notes on the translation and the Two Pound chapters. I live on a farm in North Dakota with wife Alexandra and children, where I teach literature and humanities and she teaches Evolutionary Morphology at Minot State University. I am a beekeeper.

Change and use as you see fit. And good morning. Robert

Serving god constitutes doing good for humanity. But praying is thought the easier service so is therefore generally chosen.