ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Kelly Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 11:40:21 EDT
Lindsay writes...

In another area, they also have one of Paul Kariya's shirts from the '92-93
season, and the stick that Marcus Gustafsson used to score the winning goal
against UNH.

I was in Anaheim for the Frozen Four, and remember hearing/knowing about a
kid named Matt who said he had Marcus' stick.  Supposedly, it had been
thrown over the glass and he came up with it.  I even witnessed Marcus
signing 'the' stick at the hotel party after the game.  I've watched replays
of the game since then, but am not really sure if Marcus' stick went into
the crowd or not.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?  If Matt indeed has the
actual stick that Marcus used to score the winning goal, then the HH of F
has something else.

cheers,
Kelly