EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Michael Edmunds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:27:07 -0500
Quoting Diana Smith <[log in to unmask]>:

> Micheal, interesting that you brought up '....aspect of the technology of
> money and it's heighten modality.' I was thinking about that myself the other
> day, I recently read some of Alvin Toffler's book, 'Power shift' and it makes
> ya wonder if there are going to be new rules about gold standards with
> electronic money that nullifies allot of traditional economic theory about
> gold, or if it's going to be another John Law fiasco. I don't really
> understand enough to speculate, though. Back to wealth of nations!

Rather than Toffler who mainly knocked off McLuhan (and poorly )see William
Irwin Thompson who sees economics as a shadow form of ecology and the strivings
for a healthy cultural-ecology being played in a political arena stuggling to
internalize old ecologies.  And I return to my comment can money lose it's
heigtened aspects in the nacent world information society.  In a service ecolgy
don't the differences of rich and poor merge?

--
michael edmunds