EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John McBrearty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:01:00 -0800
At 11:56 PM 1/24/98 -0500, Greg Downing/NYU,<[log in to unmask]> or
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Well, one never knows, do one.... BUT: I should add that on two lists I'm
>on, a two-line instruction on how to go to a webpage where people can do a
>simple, no-mess-no-fuss unsub is given at the bottom of every single
>posting, which is more or less what you are suggesting. It does not solve
>the problem at all....

I agree.  "Remove me" requests are to a listserve what coughs are to the
symphony.

(I do notice that at the San Francisco Symphony, when Michael Tilson Thomas
presents a modernist piece, a percentage of the usual coughs for some
reason are replaced by sneezes, but that's another topic....)

Regards,

John McBrearty
Suisun City, CA