ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 05:13:52 -0500
I also did not see it, but am letting the posters know what was reported to
me by someone who went over the game tapes.  I am sure we can have a viewing
of a copy the game tape if needed.  As with all things to do with this sport
we all love, emotions run very high, so to avoid boodshde and hurt feelings,
maybe two different showings, one for the Maine/Walsh haters and one for the
rest of us!

You are right, Mike, I mis-spoke about it being a "clean" hit. I should have
put it another way, saying there apparently was no intent to injure, as one
would infer from the "hitting from behind" call.  I have that from many of
the fans who went down to UNH, also, and saw the game in it's entirety.  So
far, this has been one of the few positives to come from the descriptions
given me, the mildest of criticisms being "They just didn't show up to play"!
 I have also heard from many folks that the officiating was again, very
uneven.  This seems to be a real problem for all Hockey East teams.

I don't want to, and will not get into a debate about semantics on this, so
all you picky people, please try to read this as I intend it, and not pick it
apart!

Cathy Hart