ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Karen Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:18:17 -0500
Folks.. I guess it wasn't his last word.. had to get another jab in.
Again, this is from Greg Ambrose [log in to unmask] and you should
respond to both [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]
should you wish.

--- begin forward --

Bob Svec writes:

>>To imply that it was more due to the hockey affair than to
>demographics is
>>asinine.  You haven't explained how the hockey affair reduced
>enrollment six
>>(6) years before there was a hockey affair.

It's not my job, it's the Globe reporter's.  I just made note of an
article
which appeared in New England's largest newspaper.  The fact that it did
automatically lends some credibility to the points made in the article.
 If
you have a bone to pick, pick it with them.  The Globe has an omudsben
who
airs the grievances of readers such as yourself on a weekly basis.
Contact
him/her and perhaps your concerns will be published.

>>>My advice Maine fans, don't be defensive, if Shawn is so great shout
>his
>>>attributes to the heavens.  If this is too much for you, then just
>keep
>>>quiet!
>>
>>SHAWN, I LOVE YOU MAN!!!  THANK GOD YOU ARE STILL HERE AT MAINE!!!!
>YOU ARE
>>A GREAT RECRUITER, A FANTASTIC COACH, A MOTIVATOR OF YOUNG MEN.  BOY,
>DO I
>>WISH I HAD A SON YOUNG ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR YOU!!

>>Is this what you had in mind greg?

Bob, that's great, we now know which side of this morality play you've
chosen.  Thanks.

Greg Ambrose, UNH '72

Comments: Gated by [log in to unmask]