ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeff Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 08:39:38 -0400
It's funny, they used to say, if you like Parker you hate Walsh, and if you like Walsh you hate Parker.  I dislike the school for it's free college educations for inmates.  I paid for what little one I got and like I said, you have to respect the program for it's successes.

> From: Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2003/04/13 Sun AM 08:33:42 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Rival
>
> I don't dislike BU per se. It's Parker I can't stand.
>
> Jeff Hill wrote:
>
> >>Very true, however, if you live in Boston, the bragging rights they talk about for Comm ave are really pathetic.
> >>

> >Neither team has a huge fan base when they are in a losing season or a major slump.  In fact, most of us would have packed it up until next year by the 2nd saturday in February this year if we were bu / bc fans.
> >
> >There is no doubt that unh is Maine's biggest rival.  Personally, I still carry the great rivalry of 93 for bu when it was our only loss.  It was no secret and said many times in previous years that Maine despises bu.  I think the only reason unh has become such a rival, is because unh sees us as a rival because they can't / hav'nt beaten us in the big dance.
> >
> >I despise Parker, and the school, but you do have to respect the program, I don't respect unh as a program.  They are a program of only partial or almost medial success.
> >
> >Thank you Golden Gophers!
> >

> >>From: Scott Dority <[log in to unmask]>
> >>Date: 2003/04/13 Sun AM 07:46:11 EDT
> >>To: [log in to unmask]
> >>Subject: Rival
> >>
> >>A team is your rival only if they hate you as much as you hate them. This is not the case with BU. We are a pain in thier neck, but not thier main focus, as is the other Boston team(s). UNH, on the other hand, does despise us and replaced BU as our biggest rival (IMHO). Therefore, it gives me great pleasure to see them FAIL again. Once Maine is out of the tournament I really don't care who wins; as long as it itn't UNH or BU, in that order. HA HA  I LOVE IT!

> >Kids in the backseat cause accidents; accidents in the backseat cause kids : )

Kids in the backseat cause accidents; accidents in the backseat cause kids : )