ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mark Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 15:19:25 +0000
Scott wrote:

>The only problem is that the closest team to Hartford is UCONN,
>with a bad D-1 hockey team

Actually, Yale is only 25 miles from Hartford (UConn's about 35 miles).
Of course, they're also a bad D-1 hockey team...   :)

Personally, I never liked the HCC as a venue for any sport, but
especially
for hockey.  I used to have season tickets for the Whalers (sorry,
business
expense) and even with large crowds the arena was very antiseptic and
drab.

Providence is perfectly suited for a hockey crowd.  It's a lot like the
St. Paul
Civic Center -- the place just comes alive.  But if we must accept a
move to
larger (15k+) arena, then I'll take the Worcester Centrum over Hartford
anyday.

Mark Brown
Duluth, GA