ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:28:00 -0500
Whew!!! is right, what an awesome weekend.
  I too, would like to thank the FOMH and the best band in Albany for
the great pre-game party at Jillians. (I was the big guy sitting at the
bar with the Maine jersey that doesn't quite fit anymore)  We also had a
good time at Jillian's Friday night as Shawn and the team were there
eating and watchng the western games. ( I felt so bad for Umile
hehehehe)

  Want to share a story about heading west on I-90 after the game.  We
stopped at a rest stop to eat and the BK was closed.  Just as we were
pulling out a fan bus full of blue and maize pulled up and discovered it
was closed also. We found the next rest area was a 24 hr. McD's so as we
went in and ordered.  I told the two poor ladies working that there was
a bus load of unhappy fans coming in right behind us.  They looked at me
and the clock (11:30) and said yeah right.  As I took the bag the
Michigan fans came in, I just snickered at them all......
Hail to the real BLUE in Providence!!!

Bob (Maine '84)
& Kathy (who went to her first hockey games this weekend and is now
Maine's newest fan)