ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lindsay A. Huntoon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:36:06 -0500
Bravo John and Bob -- great minds think alike.  When I read the first post,
Beers' goal immediately came to my mind.  Of course, I'm not exactly
impartial, since Bob Beers is my all time favorite Maine hockey player.  He
may not have been the best, but he always came to play.  I have his number
#22 on the back of my Bruins jersey (which I got him to autograph at last
summer's alumni game).

>John Duffill wrote:
>
>"Are we forgetting Bob Beers end to end rush against BC to win the Hockey East
>>Championship?"
>>
>I believe Beers end to end rush was in the semi-final game against
>Northeastern, assisted by Luke Vitale, there's a name from the archives.
>That was the night the Zamboni broke down and the BC-PC game went into
>double overtime.  Maine's game started at about 9:30pm and ended around 1am.
>
>Beers did score the next night on a shot from the point and was named the
>tournament MVP!
>

>Bob Fitta '83
>
>Bob Fitta
>Advertising Account Manager