ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:40:52 -0500
a few thoughts....
 Where does Niko's game winner rank on the list of all-time great Maine
goals?
  Since the game "only" meant a Hockey East championship I can't rank it
higher than the OT winners in last year's frozen four.  Or higher than
Monty's GW goal in '93 Championship game.

  After reading most of the reactions to Jerry York's comments.. most of
the negative reactions (which weren't as many as I expected) all started
by saying .."After seeing the replay"....  We'll if no fans actually saw
the hook (interference), how could they expect Fitzy to see it. ?!¿
and he certainly wouldn't have called anything on either team at that
point in the game.

  The Bears are finally coming to the State I live in!!! Hope you all
can come for a visit.  See ya in Albany!!

Bob

UMaine Sports Links Page </a>