ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 12:06:47 -0500
I don't mean to drag this out too much longer, but I, as a hockey fan,
must take offense to this previous comment;

"....trust me when I tell you that a fan cannot see the whole ice... a
ref can... a ref can tell you how many guys are on the ice at any given
time, and a ref can tell you who the 2 or 3 immediate past puck handlers
were... that is who scored the goal and who he got the puck from and who
he got it from....."

  Why does it take three or more refs to do a game then? and they still
miss things.
  I always am able to tell the fans sitting around me who scored, who
assisted and what a penalty was for before the refS (plural CAP"S"
intended) even get done huddling about it and go to the scorers table.

Good Luck to the Black Bears at PC this weekend.
  I sure hope they get seeded high enough to make here to NY in Albany.

Bob

"http://community.webtv.net/BOBNICHOLS/MElinks"> Click for My UMaine
Sports Links Page </a>