ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:53:02 -0800
>All a Dad can say at this time is God love you Cathy!!  If people only realized
>what commitment was, they would understand what Coach Walsh saw in Cory when he
>named Cory co-captain.  The off ice responsibilities alone are awesome and have
>been an eye-opener for both his mother and I this season.

Cory touched on this in his speech after the game on Saturday, but a lot of colleges didn't really recruit Cory that hard and I believe (Wes, please correct me if I am wrong) the Maine coaching staff suggested Cory spend a year (or is it, another year) in juniors before they brought him into Maine.

In his time here Cory competed for Hockey East Rookie of the Year his first season and was one of the key reasons Maine won the national championship this past season.  Marcus Gustafsson will always be remembered for the goal, but who do you think fed him the pass?

That is the way Cory's career has been for the most part at Maine.  He's quietly efficent and gets the job done, but he doesn't often get noticed the way he should.  This season especially you look at the box score at the end of the night and Cory has 3 or 4 points.

When Maine went into their scoring slump and were shut out in two straight games, who put Maine back on the board?  Cory.

We all know Hockey East is the best conference in college hockey.  Do you know who currently is the leading scorer in league games?  That's right, Cory Larose.

I think Larose's resume at Maine is very impressive and regardless of what happens in the next six weeks Larose will go down as one of Maine's best players.  His season and career are not yet over and perhaps he will lead Maine to places that no Black Bear team has been.

--

Deron