ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wes Larose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:13:22 -0400
Cathy Hart wrote:

> Warning - I am feisty today!  Just got done with some insurance adjusters...
>
> Are Barrett's and Peter's names on the list?  Am I missing a page somewhere?
> We are looking at ONE Maine player listed, and we are showing our loyalty to
> Maine by voting for that player.  We are free to do just that, as are you
> free to vote for whomever and for whatever reasons you have.  Don't put us
> Corey voters down for our reasons!
>
> Anyone who knows me knows that Shawn is not my favorite person right now.
> However, I do not need "fresh eyes" to see him clearly.  My previous posting
> on this subject remains my opinion.  Your attitude of "I am a ref, so I know
> more and see more than all the rest of you" is insulting.  I have watched
> college hockey, refs and all, for twenty some odd years, and would have to be
> brain dead to not have a d------d good idea what's going on at any given
> time.  And my experience is nothing compared to some of the others on this
> list, lurkers and posters all.
>
> Hockey East refs are not the best in the country.  Some of them are not even
> close.  They NEED and DESERVE to be challenged by anyone and everyone to
> raise the quality of their work to a better level.  However, they should not
> be held hostage to a coach who throws temper tantrums like a four year old,
> and then violates the spirit of the suspension by coaching from the press
> box.  Anyone remember when Shawn was suspended, and he and his (then)
> father-in-law, Coach Ron Mason, watched the game from on top of what is now
> the sky boxes?  I had to climb a ladder to take some refreshments up to them,
> and they didn't come down or communicate with the team during the game.
> Coach Parker and Coach Walsh are both intense.  They both freely question the
> refs call, most of the time with just cause. I will bet my last dollar,
> though, that you would never see Coach Walsh put on the kind of out of
> control spectacles we have all seen Coach Parker put on over the years.  This
> last one is just the latest in a long line.  I do love the show, though.  One
> other quality they share - they are never boring!
>
> Cathy Hart

Hello folks:

All a Dad can say at this time is God love you Cathy!!  If people only realized
what commitment was, they would understand what Coach Walsh saw in Cory when he
named Cory co-captain.  The off ice responsibilities alone are awesome and have
been an eye-opener for both his mother and I this season.

Wes Larose