EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Joe Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:10:12 EDT
another measured response...

jb...

In a message dated 8/19/99 12:55:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Well, DP, you certainly are aware of your computer terms. Perhaps "Word
 Document" has not found a way into your vocabulary? It just might be that you
 didn't receive the file as a "Word Document", but I sure did. And, running on
 Windows 95, my computer automatically opened it via WordPad. It's unfortunate
 that you couldn't read it....So, the play was unsolicited garble. Why get so
 uppity and standoffish about it? If you were truly interested in it, why not
 send Mr.Stoneking an Email explaining what happened?  Obviously you wanted to
 read it, considering you tried to open the file. I understand your intentions
 of warning us all about such a mishap, and do appreciate your concern, but
 your note did sound full of venom. Your subsequent notes were awfully
 aggressive as well. Perhaps, if you refrained from cursing, you might get a
 point across. Honestly, I don't have a clue as to why I'm even bothering to
 reply, you're only going to give a good lash back to me. In any event, I here
 apologize to the entire list for using it as a sparring arena. I simply
 thought that people should not be skittish about downloading and reading
 files. Sometimes, garble happens.

 --CB