EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jay Anania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 23:09:06 EST
Mr. Miyake,
I am sorry if you misunderstood... I think I was unclear...I was saying that
of course you intended nothing but the most serious, conscientious
scholarship....and that I agreed with Surrette that the REACTIONS to your
query were oddly aggressive...My disagreement was with what seemed to be
Surrette's comparison of what I take to be Independent Prosecutor Ken Starr's
politically motivated hounding of many public officials with your honest
pursuit of a subject that is, and should be, of interest.  I apologize that my
clumsy note was not any clearer.  For that matter, perhaps I misunderstood
Surrette.  Thank you, and, again, I'm sorry. Jay Anania