EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
野上 秀雄 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:31:02 +0900
   I joined to this list recently. I am doing research on
cultural history on private basis in Japan. For these about
 seven years, I have been doing biographical study of Pound,
and made a manuscript (in Japanese) of Pound's biography
based on the books of Stock, Carpenter, Redman, Kenner,
Surette, Tryphonopoulos, Longenbach, Bush, Flory, Rainey,
Torrey and many others.
   In the manuscript, I tried to see the life of Pound in the
contexts of artistic, social, political,  and economical history.
It contains no original discovery. However I think it has an
introductory value, for there is almost no biography of Pound
published in Japan. The only one I know is the translation of
Reck's EZRA POUND: A CLOSE-UP.
  I tried to publish my manuscript and offered to several
publishers in Japan, but found they were reluctant.
I know it is not easy to publish a book for one who has no
academic career. But if someone kindly tell me Japanese
publishers and editors who are interested in Pound,  I would
be helped very much.

Hideo Nogami, Yokohama city, Japan.