EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Dirk Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 10:26:03 -0800
It's pure fiat money (i.e., money simply printed on paper without value
other than that which law gives it).  The entire U.S. (and European) system
is based upon debt, not value.  If all debt were paid, under the current
system of banking, there would be no money at all.

The money is created from debt and then used as a "reserve" to create
further debt under a fictitious fractional reserve (fictitious because the
reserve doesn't actually exist except as previous debt), which in turn is
used as a reserve upon which fractional loans and so forth again and again
up to, if memory serves me, 23 times, when it exhausts itself.  Of course,
new debt is simply issued by the government (bonds, bills, notes) and new
money is printed to buy it and the whole shebang starts again.  Banks charge
interest on all of it.

The classic case of usura.

Since debt is the standard, precious-metal charge cards are directly to the
point, since debt has more value to banks than gold (or any other commodity)
does.

Dirk Johnson
Assistant Vice President
Kelling, Northcross & Nobriga