EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
marcy waters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:50:41 PST
Hi. I am a student at Florida State University.  I, along with my
classmates, have taken on the task of tracking down the numerous allusions
found in Marianne Moore's poem "Marriage."  The poet herself credits one of
them, "A wife is a coffin,"  to Ezra Pound but gives no information as to
where it may be found.  I have located concordances to both Pound's Cantos
and Personae, but have had no luck finding the quote.  If anyone knows where
I may find this quote, or any suggestions as to where else I may look,
please let me know.  Thank you for your help!

"A wife is a coffin."  Ezra Pound