EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Shinji Watanabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 17:33:25 -0500
Dear Poundians,

Let me add another question to Antje Pfannkuchen's latest question:

Does the "you" in "Portrait d'une Femme" (1912) written by EPound imply
Isabel in -Portrai of a Lady-, one of the novels by HJames?

I know many say: TSEliot's "Portrait of a Lady" (in -Prufrock-, 1917, but
written around 1910-12 before TSE started for Europe)  has someting with
HJ's.
And how about "Portrait of a Lady" (1934) written by WCWilliams?

Three major poets seem to compete each other under the same title of HJ's
novel.

Shinji Watanabe

At 8:13 PM +0100 99.1.24, Antje Pfannkuchen wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm new on this list, so I don't know if this has been a topic lately. What
>I'm interested in is:
>Was there a remarkable influence of Henry James on Ezra Pound? I know that
>they knew each other and that Pound has written about James. But is his
>style of writing influenced by James? Has anyone written about this
>possible connection?
>
>Thanks for any response
>
>Antje Pfannkuchen

 $BEOJU?.Fs (J
Shinji Watanabe
 $BN)65Bg3XJ83XIt1QJFJ83X2J (J
Department of English and American Literature
College of Arts, Rikkyo University
E-MAIL     : [log in to unmask]
Home Page: http://www.kt.rim.or.jp/~yanjing/shinji/
 $B%3!<%M%kBg3X1QJ82J5R0w65<x (J