The deadline for the Vorticist conference has been extended, see below.
If any of you would like to come, please write to me. Our panel is
almost complete, there is a place for one person.
----- Forwarded message from [log in to unmask] -----
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:02:27 +0000
From: Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply-To: Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [BAMS] EXTENDED DEADLINE - 15th April - BLAST 2014
Vorticist Centenary Conference
To: [log in to unmask]
The deadline for the following CFP has been extended to 15th April. Please
could you forward this to any colleagues who may be interested.
*BLAST 2014 INTERDISCIPLINARY CONFERENCE*
*BATH SPA UNIVERSITY - 24/25 JULY 2014*
*CALL FOR PAPERS*
We invite proposals for 20 minute papers on any aspect of *BLAST* and
Vorticism, and positively encourage research emanating from a diverse range
of disciplines, particularly:
o literary criticism
o cultural criticism
o art history
Please send a 250-word abstract, with title, to [log in to unmask] by
15th April 2014.
Themes of the conference include:
- Can there be a 2014 equivalent to the Vorticist moment of 1914?
- The lives and works of individual Vorticists.
- Visual and Literary Vorticism.
- *BLAST* and other modernist magazines.
- Origins and legacies of *BLAST *and Vorticism.
- *BLAST* and World War One.
- The effect of World War One on the Avant-Garde
- Vorticism: Nationalist or Internationalist?
- *BLAST* and women.
- *Enemy of the Stars* and Expressionist drama.
- The philosophical origins of Vorticism, and their transformation
in Wyndham Lewis's later works.
- We also invite artists who have been influenced by (or who feel
their work interacts with) Vorticism, and we welcome suggestions for
*The new *
*deadline for proposals is 15th April 2014. All submissions will be
reviewed in April and May and delegates will contacted by early June 2014.
Please include institutional affiliations, society membership and contact
----- End forwarded message -----
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.