EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
William Stoneking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:40:23 -0400
Well, I am still confounded by the unwillingness of those who asked
for the play (and presumeably received it) to enter the fray with some
intelligent comment about the play... though the point is well-made, and
I apologise for NOT sending the URL, which I did not have when I
first started sending the play out to those asking for it. I am new to
the Net myself and didn't realise that the attachments were causing
such problems. Apart from Alexander asking me to re-send, I never
heard from anyone complaining that they could not open the attachment,
so I obviously assumed (wrongly) that it worked. Once again, I apologise
for this.  For those of you whose patience hasn't been worn so thin as
to make any approach to this play anathema, you can read the complete
text at my site...

URL  http://mycomm.excite.com/mycomm/browse.asp?cid=129973

There is also a play about Eisenstein, who was - I believe - the cinema's
equivalent to Pound. Their ideas re: ideogrammatic method and montage
are strikingly similar, though their temperaments are completely different.
If Pound is the father of modern poetry, Eisenstein is the father of modern
cinema... and both for exactly the same reasons. You will also find
the work-in-progress, PAIDEUMA, at the same site and a selection
of poems, SINGING THE SNAKE, which I wrote from my years of
living among the Pintupi (an Aboriginal tribe) in Central Australia.
Please let me know if the URL number doesn't work!!!

Best regards
Stoneking
.