From:
Anne Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:37:59 -0400
Hi everyone,

Some wonderful community supporters of the library are planning a literary
cash mob on Saturday, April 5th in downtown Gardiner.  Ordinarily cash mobs
are supposed to be secret, but for us, spreading the news is much better!
(https://www.facebook.com/GardinerCashMob)  We have built a whole day of
events in town and the mob has decided to "cash mob" our second hand
bookstore that the library runs on Water Street.  Should be great fun and I
would love to show off our great little community!  I am pasting in the
schedule so you can see what is going on! All the proceeds for this event
will go towards the renovation of our Community Archives Room.

Now, all we need to wish for is a beautiful spring day..

Anne Davis

Director of Library and Information Services

152 Water Street

Gardiner, Maine 04345

207-582-6893

Schedule for Cash Mob Saturday (4/5)

10:00AM

Helen Stevens, illustrator of Moose Eggs, reads and facilitates moose hand
puppet craft/Golden Ticket game at Gardiner Public Library.

10:30AM

Children parade in costume, led by Mayor Thom Harnett, and hopefully
accompanied by a clown on a unicycle to Monkitree.

11:00AM

Nancy Prince, author of Libby's Loons, reads at Monkitree.

11:30AM

Sandra Palmer Fish reads from one of her books and facilitates collage craft
project at Lisa's Legit Burritos (cash mob at Book It! and Lisa's).

12:30PM

Ampersand performs a reader's theater style Fractured Fairy Tales with
interactive games for audience.

Ongoing:

v  Book hunt in the windows of Water St. businesses, raffle at Lisa's Legit
Burritos for a Percy Jackson book (proceeds to library) and one location
(likely Healthy Smiles) with balloon animals, face painting, temporary
tattoos, bookmark making craft and caricature drawings.

4:00PM

Barbara Walsh, author of August Gale, reads at Monkitree.

5:00PM

Deb Gould, author of Household, reads at Lisa's Legit Burritos.

6:00PM

April Wood, author of Enticing, reads at Vintage Wine Bar.

7:00PM

Poet Pam Burr Smith, author of Heaven Jumping Woman, reads at Founding
Farmer's Community Market.