From:
Jenny Melvin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenny Melvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2014 13:23:49 -0500
Dear Public Librarians,

It is once again time for the Annual Report for all Maine public
libraries. The 2013 Public Library Annual Report officially opens today
Thursday, January 2, 2014 and must be submitted on or before Tuesday,
April 1, 2014.

Please be sure to login using your username and password and print off
the data definitions and a working copy of your report under the
instructions tab. If you have forgotten your login information please
contact me  or your District Consultant. Reading and understanding the
definitions ensures comparability of data from different libraries and
different states. Don't hesitate to call if you have questions about the
definitions. Please remember to review all prefilled fields and make any
necessary changes.

The Maine Library Commission Rule Regarding Responsibilities of Public
Libraries http://www.maine.gov/msl/about/commission/rule.htm stipulates
that public libraries must submit an annual report to the Maine State
Library every year. Services that could be suspended to non-compliant
libraries include: MSLN, SCOOP cooperative purchasing, Consultant
services and grants. Completion of an annual report is also a
stipulation when applying for a Rudman Grant.

It is the sole responsibility of each library to ensure that the annual
report has been successfully and completely submitted. This also applies
to any follow-up information that is needed from the State Data
Coordinator on behalf of the Maine State Library, the Institute of
Museum and Library Services or the Census Bureau. If you fail to submit
the report on or before April 1, 2014, or you do not cooperate with
attempts to obtain follow-up information, you will be considered
non-compliant and will be subject to suspended services as outlined in
the above paragraph.  The only reminders you will receive will be emails
on MELIBS and MEINFO the 1st  week in February and the 1st  and 3rd
weeks in March.

Major Changes for the 2013 Annual Report:

Added to section 4 Services:   4.9 - 4.13 summer reading program
statistics

Important Links:

A direct link to the website for completing the Annual Report using
Bibliostat Collect  http://collect.btol.com/

Help calculating your OverDrive eBook and Audiobook download figures
http://bitly.com/bundles/arevitt/5

Details and a guide to completing the Annual Report Survey using
Bibliostat Collect can be found on the Maine State Library website at

http://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/statistics/annual/index.shtml

The Maine State Library appreciates and understands the work and
dedication it takes to collect and report accurate data.  We are more
than happy to assist you in any way that we can. Please do not hesitate
to contact me at the NMLD office or your own district office if you need
assistance.

Jenny Melvin - State Data Coordinator

Northeastern Maine Library District

207-947-8336 ext. 116

1-800-427-8336 ext. 116

Stephanie Zurinski - Consultant

Central Maine Library District

1-800-322-8899

Deborah Clark - Consultant

Southern Maine Library District

I look forward to another great year of reporting and don't hesitate to
call me anytime!

Jenny Melvin

State Data Coordinator

Maine State Library