EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 18:31:08 -0500
Aww come on. "Fascist" has never meant merely (or even primarily) party
member. Too much can be made of Pound's fascism (and more often than not
too much is made of it), but you can't fully discuss the Cantos unless
you confront the fascist threads in it. (Note that "themes,"
"attitudes," "images" can't be party members, but we can still call them
communist, fascist, social democratic, whiggish, etc.)

Carrol