EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Timothy P Redman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:30:08 -0800
In my _Ezra Pound and Italian Fascism_ I consider at length the
influence Silvio Gesell had on Pound: Pound read his work carefully.
Gesell was a follower of Proudhon, whom he acknowledges at some
length in his book.

Cheers!

Tim Redman

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 07:45:25 -0800 charles moyer
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Jean-Michel Rabate has this note in "Language-Sexuality and Idealogy in Ezra
> Pound's Cantos" concerning Proudhon-Pound -
>  "On this point, see Eva Hesse, "Ezra Pound, von Sinn und Wahnsinn",
> pp.198-222; and, for a more detailed presentation of the Proudhon-Marx
> controversy, Eva Hesse, "Die Wurzeln der Revolution, Theorien der
> individuellen und der kollektiven Freiheit (Munich: Hanser, 1974) pp.336-73.
>
>     Other discussion-
>
>     Now do I hear the left shoe singing the tune the right one once sang?
>
> "'Has packed the Supreme Court
>      so they will declare anything he does constitutional.'
>                                       Senator Wheeler, 1939."
>                                            Canto 100
> CDM
>
> ----------
> >From: Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >Subject: Query re Proudhon
> >Date: Sun, Dec 17, 2000, 6:22 PM
> >

> > I can't remember if this question has ever been previously
> > raised or not. Does Pound anywhere in his works or letters
> > refer to the French anarchist theorist, Proudhon, or cite
> > his works? Is there any other evidence as to Pound's
> > knowledge (or non-knowledge) of Proudhon?
> >
> > Carrol Cox

Tim Redman
School of Arts and Humanities, JO 31
University of Texas at Dallas