EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Joseph M. Finnerty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 17:08:47 -0500
In a discussion on the Wallace Stevens list about Auroras of Autumn and Like
Decorations in a Nigger Cemetery, someone raised a possible association
between Stevens' use of Ananke in the latter and Pound's use of it in Hugh
Selwyn Mauberley.  One thing led to another, and I now have the below
inquiry about Pound's use of the word, deal (as in cheap wooden furniture),
in a poem.  Can anyone recall in which (if any) of his poems Pound used this
word?

Thanks.

Joe Finnerty