EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:32:33 -0500
When you say that Robertson's paraphrase of Mullins' and
Webster's rot is a "devastating analysis," I'm not sure
what you mean.  Could you clarify?  ==Dan P

At 11:23 AM 1/29/98 -0800, you wrote:
>A few days ago, someone (sorry, forgot who) mentioned Michael Lind's book
>_Up from Conservatism_, which suggests Pound financed some of Mullins'
>work. I was surprised it wasn't mentioned *why* Lind talks about Mullins.
>
>Briefly, Lind is showing the sources for televangelist and erstwhile
>presidential candidate Pat Robertson's book _The New World Order_.
>Robertson used *extremely* close paraphrases of both Mullins and Webster
>to develop theory of a global conspiracy of Masons and bankers that goes
>back to the 18th Century and financed the French and Russian Revolutions,
>both world wars and the cold wars.
>
>About the only substantial change Robertson makes to his sources is
>switching "Jewish bankers" to "European bankers." It's an
>interesting and devastating analysis which he first presented in the NY
>Review of Books a few years back.
>
>_New World Order_ was a bestseller, by the way. Some conspiracy theories
>never go out of style.
>
>Bill Freind

Dan Pearlman
Department of English
University of Rhode Island
Kingston, RI 02881

[Latest book: novel, BLACK FLAMES, White Pine Press, 1997]

Tel.: (home) 401 453-3027
      (office) 401 874-4659
Fax:  401 874-2580
Internet: [log in to unmask]