EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Bray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:27:23 -0700
At 02:22 PM 31/07/01 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:
>... when I was first reading the Cantos practically alone
>back in the late '50s.

Which raises a question in the mind of this non-scholar, the
answer to which may be at the mental fingertips of the titans
of erudition on-list: how popular is this stuff anyhow?
Did ND ever say how many copies of various Canto collections
they've shipped over the years?  I guess not counting the
ones that are compulsory undergrad fare. [Er, I did math,
I'm assuming that English undergrads are exposed to Cantos?]

Put another way: just exactly how hermetic and weird are we
all, anyhow? -Tim