EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
En Lin Wei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 01:10:24 PDT
Yes, I did enjoy that quote.  So I will give Spengler a few more points, and
raise him up a bit on my well known thinkers list.

Charles Moyer wrote
<<
<<
Therefore you should enjoy the following from Spengler's
"Decline":

    "What the Press wills, is true. Its commanders evoke, transform,
inchange truths. Three weeks of press work, and the truth is acknowledged by
everybody."
    To this he adds a note; "The most striking example of this for future
generations will be the 'War-guilt' question, which is the question - who
possesses the power, through contol of press and cable in all parts of the
world, to establish in world-opinion that truth which he needs for his
political ends and to maintain it for so long as he needs it? An altogether
different question (which only in Germany is confused with the first) is the
purely scientific one  - to whose interest was it that an event about which
there was already a whole literature should occur in the summer of 1914 in
particular?"  >>