EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 18:18:51 +0000
From: Roxana Preda <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: - Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Poundians,

Rebecca Beasley, who is the present Chair of the British Association
of Modernist Studies, has sent the Ezra Pound Society an official
invitation to come to the next conference of the BAMS in London,
Senate House, June 26-28, 2014.

The title of the conference is Modernism NOW! The event is keen to
explore the newest developments in scholarly communities as well as
Pound's relevance to contemporary poetry. At the same time, the
conference is inclusive, so it offers plenty of space for original
work done in every area of Pound studies.

See here the link to the conference website:
http://www.ies.sas.ac.uk/events/ies-conferences/ModernismNow

Well, I was rather expecting this, to be very honest with you, it was
bound to happen as a natural development of our integration into the
larger structures and forms of organisation in modernist studies,
internationally. I am only glad that the first invitation came from my
back yard, if I may be permitted to be so discourteous towards our
great capital.

I would be interested to go and also offer a panel, if people would
like to form a group.
OR
If anyone wishes to propose a panel, please drop me a line. Deadline
for submissions is February 23, 2014.

It would be good for the society to be present at this party. It makes
us stronger. And London in June... well, I won't say more.

All the best,
Roxana

--
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.