EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Jay Anania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 08:04:21 EST

<<I might add that I am more than a little distressed at some of the
are both legitimate and in principle answerable on the basis of evidence. It
is absurd to assert that no evidence is needed since we know in our hearts
that Pound was innocent (or guilty). Nor is it helpful to take a page from
Hilary Clinton's book and attack anyone who is interested in ascetaining as
near as may be the truth of the matter. >>

I agree that the responses to Miyake's query seemed a little aggressive.
Akiyoshi Miyake's seems genuinely interested in finding out some chronology in
Pound's ideas on Jews.   But I would have had more sympathy with the self-
righteous responses had I noticed that for the last several years Miyake had
been fishing around for something, anything, anywhere, to discredit Pound,
with a view, for instance, of having him removed from all university
libraries.  This is, to my view, what Ken Starr has been doing, not simply
trying to ascertain the truth of anything.  (I assume Ken Starr is the point
of the Hilary reference.  If not, ignore this two-cent comment.)

Jay Anania