ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Spiros Polemis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2011 08:32:15 -0400
This is a forwarded email from Josh MacDonald inviting fans
to join the team charter for the October trip to North
Dakota. I tried to add the .pdf attachment, but the message
got kicked back to me. So please read Josh's text and email
him for further information. As I understand it, we have not
yet reached the minimum number required, so there is plenty
of room . . . hope to see you there!

--Spiros Polemis & Buffy Parker

below is Josh's original email, minus the file:

Dear Friends,

I hope this email finds you all well. It has been over a
month now that the Ice has been removed from the Alfond
Arena. The construction at the Alfond began this week, and
with the boards, glass and seating now removed from the
Arena, it will only
be a matter of time before the concrete trucks are here and
the renovations will be completed.

As the weather warms up for the summer, we are quickly
preparing for the upcoming season of Maine Hockey. The puck
drops in 20 weeks with our home exhibition opener on Sunday
October 2nd. We are excited about the upcoming improvements
to our Arena
and look forward to another great season.

With next season in mind, we are currently planning our team
travel, and think you might be interested in an opportunity
to join the team on our annual non-conference October trip.

As you may know, this year we are playing the University of
North Dakota, in Grand Forks, North Dakota. We will be
playing a two game series on Friday and Saturday, October
14th and 15th, 2011.

We are excited about this opportunity, but we need your help
to make it a reality. There are 55 tickets available for
fans to purchase with our group, but in order to get enough
funding to charter the team, we need to sell at least 25 of
those
seats. We would love for you to join us!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have
about the trip or how to reserve your seats.

Sincerely,

Josh MacDonald
University of Maine Hockey
5701 Alfond Arena