ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 07:17:00 EST
Dan has for years been telling us he would help with events down in his area.
I think I have his name in the permanent set in stone list of folks willing to
help Maine Hockey!  I believe we have been grateful to have his and Lindsay's
help in the past but we were always concerned with pregame and post game
rallies and receptions, official stuff for the post season, things like that.
Things that cost the program money to sponsor.

What I would like to see, and what I think many of the "travelers" from Maine
would like, is a list of recommended (like AAA!) bars/restaurants in close
proximity to each of the rinks, easy of access, where we can meet up with
other fans for some unofficial cameraderie.  Over the years, some folks have
complained that they are at loose ends after games, or that they wanted a
place to eat and have a beer before the game, after the looong trip.  I guess
what I'm looking for is a list of that kind of thing.  You folks who know the
area can look around and make a recommendation, and give directions, maybe
even contact the owner and ask them for permission to advertise this as a
meeting place for Maine fans???

Cathy Hart
Hoping to get out of Maine this season!