ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 05:33:45 -0700
--- "Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >Goal Judges (Emphasis on officials for these positions)
>
>    Yea, like when was the last time a Goal Judge had any part in a
> game
>    besides turning a light on and off now and again.

> Save some money and just get rid of them.

Hey, I have to speak up for list member John Gabarra, frequent goal
judge at Alfond, and very knowledgeable about the great game of hockey.

What we pay goal judges is much less than the technological
alternative(s) surely demanded if we dispensed with their jobs.

Take this all back if your comment was made with a dash of whimsy.

BTW, pardon the new address.  My ISP is converting me to ADSL and
I'm in transitional limbo until software glitches are fixed.  Anyone
know about Open Transport problems with DSL service ??

Dan Doucette
lurking from an alternate account....